Monday, March 30, 2009

Whats in a name?

Thought of posting my first blog as an extension of About Me..
My name has always fascinated me and to whoever I get to introduce myself.

Ok let me first remove some mystery of my name.
To begin with, I dont think 'Baish' really means anything. If it does, its mere coincidence. My parents thought of being innvoative with my name. My name is combination of my parents names.
My fathers name is Balakrishnan and mothers name is Eashwary. So 'Ba' taken from fathers name and 'eash' taken from mothers name made it 'baeash' which they generally altered slightly to make it 'baish'.
Looking back I say probably they knew I would be associated with sql/plsql (oracle)technologies and so they did a substring of the two names and then a concatenation :)

Interesting? Well atleast have been in love with this name since people tend to remember my name more than the common names.
Well, my friends always found it easier to search me on orkut and hunt me down ...in fact to search some common friends..I used to become transit point for most searches so that they crawl through my friends list to hunt down more friends :)

I felt my name is simple to pronounce...but well I couldnt imagine this innocuous looking 5 letter word can get me so many different varieties of pronounciation..its been real fun till now.

With my somewhat different unique name I could get attention of people helping people to remember me and now I sincerely hope my work and personal relations with people make me more memorable in minds of people

2 comments:

  1. Hey Baish, welcome to blogging world and nice one to start with :).

    Name is a very fascinating thing in this world, we own it and we never use it. so its always fascinating to see someone else with our name. But ur name is unique ;)

    guess how i got my name ? http://srinitheemperor.blogspot.com/2008/11/my-name-is-srinivasan.html


    also try out ur japanese name here ;)
    http://srinitheemperor.blogspot.com/2008/11/my-japenese-name.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...great to get the first comment on my blog from the person who inspired me into blogging world :)

    ReplyDelete